Six Creative Wedding Send-off Ideas
Updated: Jun 23, 2022
Searching for ideas for your wedding send off at the end of the evening? Let’s take a closer look at some ideas, to help close out your wedding day!
1. Sparklers- A tried and true classic send-off. The photos turn out beautiful and for some reason, sparklers seem to bring out the inner child in guests of all ages, as they wave them around and ask if there are any extras they can have. We recommend using the longer sparklers instead of the shorter ones. They burn much longer, allowing for prime photo opportunities, which your photographer will be grateful for!
But what if your venue won’t allow sparklers?
2. Glow sticks- Why not dedicate a crowd-pleasing song as the night is coming to a close, provide glow sticks to your guests, and have the DJ invite everyone to the dance floor to cut loose! Not only will you get some pretty cool neon-colored shots, but everyone will have a blast on the dance floor! You can opt for classic glow sticks, wearable ones, fiber optic wands, or even large batons that look like lightsabers!
3. Bubbles- Not only can you use bubbles for your send-off, but they can even double as favors for your guests! Not to mention, bubbles are ultra-affordable and leave zero clean-up afterward! You can also purchase small bubble machines to help fill the air with tons of bubbles! Be sure to check out the glow-in-the-dark bubbles as well!
4. Smoke bombs- If you are looking for a dramatic yet artful exit- try using smoke bombs! They make handheld ones that won’t burn your guest's hands, and you can pick from a variety of colors! You can even color coordinate them with your wedding colors!
5. Ribbon wands- If crafting makes your heart happy, you can easily make your own ribbon wands for a colorful, yet mess-free send-off. For those who prefer to skip the DIY, you also purchase them online and customize the ribbons to your wedding colors. Ribbon wands make for a soft and elegant exit!
6. Dried lavender/dried florals- If your venue will permit it, using dried lavender or dried florals is a cost-effective and eco-friendly option. Not only will it give you an earthy vibe, but if done during daylight, can also make for some pretty colorful exit photos! Plus, if you are using dried lavender, it will fill the area with the relaxing scent of fresh lavender.
While this is just a small list of the hundreds of possible send-off options, these are some of the more venue-friendly options. As always, be sure to check with your venue to make sure whatever option you decide is allowed. It’s also a great idea to check with your photographer or coordinator and ask their advice on the best time and location for your send-off. Whatever option you decide, take it all in, and enjoy one last glimpse of all of your friends and family gathered around to celebrate your marriage, as you bring the evening to a close. For help customizing your special day of events, please feel free to reach out and book a tour!